AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyhow, you guys missed my whole point
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

brads by laws
Posted 9/11/2012 08:14 (#2585628 - in reply to #2585481)
Subject: Re: Anyhow, you guys missed my whole point

You to garvo....just last week or so you pointed out howif you bought heifers now you would lose,without looking I think 232$ sticks in my head.This problem of running corn through livestock and losing money has much more to going on then just a drought.Lot to do with policy.I think a lot of us could care less what the price of corn is but have serious problems with mandates that aren't to be touched no matter what.2/3 of crop insurance paid by taxpayers at such high levels that many who grow nothing, will still be gauranteed a profit.Last week the commstock report was a free sample on DTN and Mr. Kruse pretty much was an example of my frustration with people in agriculture.If he had his way we should haveE25-E30.We can't even produce enough to make E10 work this year without someone doing without.Then he goes on to tell how subsidized crop insurance is something we are owed,like roads and bridges.Tells us how southern feedlots will sit empty because they can't source corn and wheat to short to go all the way around.Funny how he wants all the policies set up to his advantage.He is invested in ethonal,his family feeds cattle,and he also sells crop insurance.Might be time to do things a little fairer in my opinion,instead of the pure greed I see in way to many peoples eyes.Suck it up and Shut up would be admirable if it was a level playing feild.It' not.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)