AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Koengernheim germany very pretty area.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

kstate90
Posted 9/5/2012 08:02 (#2576013 - in reply to #2575915)
Subject: Re: Koengernheim germany very pretty area.

North Central Kansas
We were in Malmsheim, Germany at the end of July. It is about 180km to the South. It is just west of Stuttgart. Germany is a beautiful country. They take pride in everything they do. There homes are all well kept and usually have alot of plants and flowers around them. I was able to talk to one German farmer while we were there. He did not speak english but our exchange students brother interpreted for me.

You are right about the houses. The family we stayed with had a new house that was less than 10 years old. Her dad told me that it was built from Stone. It was very efficient. They had no AC but really did not need it on the warmer days. The windows and doors were very well built and unlike any door or window I have seen in the US. Urban sprawl does not happen in the US. Farmland is a precious commodity and they don't waste. They utilize every bit of their farm ground.

You aren't too far from Manheim, Germany. John Deere has a tractor plant there that produces small fram 100+ hp tractors. That might be a good day trip if you are looking for something to do.

Enjoy your time in Germany.

Edited by kstate90 9/5/2012 08:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)