AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

broke usa
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 9/4/2012 20:23 (#2575116 - in reply to #2575053)
Subject: Re: broke usa

Pittsburg, Kansas

In twenty years like he suggests? Yes, I might agree with him. Before then we will have hit bottom and be on the road back to recovery and possibly prosperity.

From now till then, there are so many holes in his theory, in my opinion, you could drive a truck through them.

Macro economists work with "aggregates". If you placed 3 people in three different rooms with room one at 136 degrees, room two at zero degrees and room three at 72 degrees, in aggregate the rooms would be a comfortable temperature of 72 degrees. This is the way macro economists evaluate and use models. So with all the cheap immigration labor that he foresees, where does that leave all the current unemployed that don't want to work for the same wages as the immigrants?

In aggregate, things may be great, when considering the income from every citizen. It just might not be so great for a large number of citizens. There were a great number of millionaires made during the Great Depression. His version of prosperity will probably look very good to at least a few.

I found so many holes I could poke in his presentation, I could not even imagine where to start.

John

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)