AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Let's talk overview & LT strategy Ideas.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SeniorCitizen
Posted 12/10/2007 10:24 (#256685 - in reply to #255298)
Subject: Re: Let's talk overview & LT strategy Ideas.

Decided against spending the day in a darkened room. I am a fundamentalist as related to S&D potential & Price Levels when looking for ideas. Thereafter, I am 'sort of a technician' laced with experience. If a particular market sees bullish news & does not respond, my antennae immediately get suspicious & same for bearish news. Some folks can make good money off charts or systems, I have seldom enjoyed that success. I have witnessed a lot of people lose enormous amounts of money over the years relying on a system & I have had my head beat in more times than I care to recall & I accepted some of those as lessons. Basically, the best system should revolve around money management & whatever works for you..stay with it. I have a couple of old friends, still alive, who manage a great deal of capital & if something important is happening in the world, they send an email. This helps. There are a lot of good & hard working brokers out there, except I learned early, for me, it is the worst place to locate as it is easy to be influenced by their clients generally day trading the markets. In my lifetime, I know of only one man who successfully-on an annual basis-was able to make money day trading...most eventually lose. I prefer to either be a long term bear or bull & take 1/2 my chips off the table at well-defined resistance or support points & again add to a position when warranted. No one should speculate unless they have the time to get a 'sense' of the market & most agricultural producers must be very careful about speculation-after worrying about prices, weather, weeds, insects, politics & other risks..a crop becomes personal & takes real discipline to sell & is a natural tendency to want to buy. Ego is also an enemy. Fortunately I have a spouse able to 'adjust' my ego whenever it gets out of hand (& quickly). She does remember some of my bad deals.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)