AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

school lunch
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

farmer45
Posted 8/26/2012 17:21 (#2559746 - in reply to #2559661)
Subject: Re: school lunch

Washington Co Ks
I just think it is stupid to think that the weight problem can be solved with one meal a day. When I was in school many years ago we had as good tasting food as you could get. Our cooks made everything from scratch and it was very good. I went to country school in grade school so we took our own lunch. In grade school we had a 15 min recess in the morning and in the afternoon and an hour for lunch and play. We played hard at noon and outside most of the time. I remember having to sit by the stove more than once to dry out after playing in the snow at noon. We also had to walk out to the outhouse no mater what the weather. Now some schools don't have recess and if they do the kids can't go outside if it is a little damp or they may track some dirt onto the carpet. I know that there is a problem with overweight kids, that is obvious, but I don't think cutting out meat and real potatoes is the answer. It may be the place for the government to try to educate us on what is good for us but not to force us to do every little thing their way. After all what was bad for us yesterday is likely good for us today and will be bad again next week.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)