AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

electric grid heat under tile floor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

mlswaar
Posted 8/16/2012 07:50 (#2542090 - in reply to #2540044)
Subject: RE: electric grid heat under tile floor

Mason City, IL
Just finished our kitchen. We have baseboard/water heat as main heat. Put grid in tile floor to take chill off floor in winter. I am planning to set the floor heat a few degrees lower than house heat to start with. Have programable thermostats for the floor so can set them to come on before getting up or whenever or leave on constant. The kitchen and the laundry room we put tile in are on the west and northwest side of the house so wanted to assist my boiler in those rooms. My house thermostat is in another room/living room so it may work different than yours. Haven't used it yet (heat) but the wife loves the new floor and kitchen. Oh I do have some valves in the basement to adjust water flow to different areas of the house so maybe that is an option too. When we put new boiler in 15 years ago we added zone valves for the upstairs, one for the new addition (family room and office) and one in the old living room. I think with 3 zones and the valves to adjust flow within each circuit I should be able to control things pretty well. We will see.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)