AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need some experts on elevator legs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

berggrenfarms
Posted 8/10/2012 13:19 (#2531850)
Subject: Need some experts on elevator legs

Nebraska, The land of corn and cattle

I am in need of some experts in grain legs. We have 2 bulk bins that we use to store and load feed out of, one is about 25 ton and the other is about 10 ton. Right now we are getting about 1 load of feed a week or 10 days of about 30 ton, so we fill the big bin and put the rest in the little one as a reserve for when to big one runs out. At the moment we fill the bins with a 10inch stick auger which we have to move and move the hopper to fill the little bin, thats gets real old doing it about once a week, and it takes 2 of us to do it. We are wanting to find a leg(perferably used) that we can put up and eliminate the hassle of the auger, but we have a few concerns.

First how much bracing would a leg of this size take? The specs on the tall bin say about 30 feet of fill height. We dont want to get in the way of the driveway as it loops around the house as the main driveway so we would need at least 25 feet, perferably more, of clearance clear across the drive. Also the misses wouldnt be real excited about a brace wire in the yard. Could it be braced to the bulk bins?

How big of a leg would we need?  and how much would one cost? height? I figure 2000bph would be plenty.

Ive drawn up this picture using my awsome drawing skills and paint. lol
Ill explain what everything is:
A: 25 ton bin
B:10 ton bin, may eventualy be replaced with another 25 ton
Gray square: Purposed leg location 
C: Corn syrup tank
D&E will be liquid supplement tanks
Red line represents a fenceline
The purple is the grass yard of my house 
Everything between the orange and red line is a driveway thats about 30-35 feet wide        

bin layout

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)