AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

auto steer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Shotgun
Posted 8/9/2012 11:13 (#2530041 - in reply to #2529752)
Subject: Re: auto steer

Monticello Ar
I am like u old boy but I can see advantages. In large fields like the big wheat fields out west u could cut straighter with less spots where u swerv a little and lose that 2 or 3 ft taking the curve to keep from missing anything. In beans here we mostly run 38" middles. With a 30' head u can only take 9 rows without leaving a few here and there. So to get a full 30' we cut at an angle to rows. Never fails the farther u go the more ur angle will change and u start to try to get it straight again u may have to go the full length of field using less than a full head to get ur angle back right. I can run a head wall to wall without missing any but I do have to adjust angles at times. I have seen how much more ground can be covered over a day with auto on a tractor I would imagine the same would also hold true on a combine. At the end of the season time is key to a good harvest and this tool could help maximize that time u have.

At this time I don't have auto on my combine and don't intend on adding it but I have to look at the possibility and effectiveness it could represent. Hard to spend that dollar tho.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)