AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

955 corn planter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 8/6/2012 19:20 (#2525313 - in reply to #2525083)
Subject: Re: Your dealer screwed you over ~

central - east central Minnesota -

MN Dave 2 - 8/6/2012 15:23 if you are going to plant corn with a 16 row version... run away as fast as you can from the planter. I had a 16r30" for way tooooo long. The seed spacings in the middle 6 rows of planter is simply TERRIBLE. It got to the point that I was not allowed to ride in auger wagon tractor while we were side winding in corn because of how terrible the spacings of the corn that I was driving next to. I bought the planter as a 2 year old machine. The first year I complained to my dealer and was told at that time that IH had a lot of studies that showed that the seed spacing wasn't really that important but what was important was the seed depth (which the planter does do that part well). About a year after I was told that, IH came out with the 1200 series planter and suddenly, seed spacing was important. It did a good job of planting beans where seed spacings aren't that important, and the leading edge of the row unit was nice, but the seed spacings was TERRIBLE in corn.

No disrespect Dave - but
Your dealer screwed you over . . . .  should have helped you set it up correctly and adjust the drums/cutoffs/hoses . . . ..
Wonder how many 900 series - 16 row planters were sold, that didn't have your problem?

Edited by iseedit 8/6/2012 19:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)