AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pics of a nice grain truck in Australia....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

stevo
Posted 8/5/2012 10:55 (#2523039 - in reply to #2522715)
Subject: Re: Pics of a nice grain truck in Australia....

Central West Western Australia
Im on the other side of the country but we use the same size rigs here and there is a few bigger ones around as well. With a 550hp engine they will sit on 95-100km/hr as long as there aint too many hills, fuel usage I wont comment on as I dont know the rig but when I was driving triples on an iron ore carting gig they were using about 1 litre per km and the one i drove grossed 140 tonne. As for dumping, yes they would be end tippers and they would tip at a drive over pit of some description, at least thats what we use here. Distance traveled can be just about anything, some grains we send 400km away, but mostly our grain is sent 100km direct to port. I am guessing with decent light trailers he would get something in the vicinity of 75 tonne payload on that, maybe a touch more, the other comment about tipping them over is a complete non event here, I have heard of one going over once while tipping damp gravel or something similar but that was years ago and its the only one i have heard of. There are about 3 belly dump trailers that I have seen carting grain anywhere close to here ever, just about everything is done with end tippers. As for reversing them, well were always advised not to get into a spot where you needed to haha.

steve
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)