AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sad to say, I am pulling a stool up to the bar with a bunch of others....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Sodbustr
Posted 7/23/2012 22:46 (#2502529)
Subject: Sad to say, I am pulling a stool up to the bar with a bunch of others....

Western Iowa
Went out last night, It as been a short week since I was out in the fields, my pretty 18x40 ears at 34.5K are now 18x24 or even 20 long. This corn would have made 225 if we had some rain, now looks 140 +/- 10% depending if we get any rain. It isn't dented yet, but real close.

I just can't believe it dropped that fast in a week..................... I haven't posted any pics or condition reports as they are not well recieved or thought of as bragging.

I thought I was in the garden spot, best spot in Iowa that I have seen and been told the same. If this is some of the best corn in Iowa, there are some serious problems in the USDA and the trade numbers.

Guess it sucks, and I know a lot of guys here are in the same or worst, just now looking at what the insurance will pay....

guess I will just pull up to the bar and have a beer and hope for better next year.

FYI just cause I am in iowa, doesn't mean I will get rich on insurance, not all of us have an operation average of 225 at 85%
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)