AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

crop insurance fall price protection stategies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jjjohnston32
Posted 7/23/2012 20:18 (#2502195 - in reply to #2501407)
Subject: Re: crop insurance fall price protection stategies

Wow the the old saying is true you can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink. I was trying to help you understand what cornstalk was saying. There is no speculation on your guranteed bushels. The only speculation going on here is the hope that you have that the fall price is going to be higher than the spring price. I would rather gurantee myself that it is going to be. When i bought my crop ins i was happy with 5.63 spring price. But know that the dec price is almost 8 i would rather not kick the gift horse in the mouth. I have no clue on how you can explain this is being greedy. So i bet you would also say putting corn in the bin to sell in the summer for maybe a better price is greedy. Actually that is true speculation. So in your mind is there any true hedge or is that just a made up word. Also please tell us how there is unknow margin exposure it still comes down to it only costing you interest on your money. When you get your finances together to do this you need to have it in mind it could go thru the roof. But i would think if you were happy with 5.63 you would be alot happier with todays price so why not take it you took crop ins. So back in the day when you could go with out the fall price option did you. If you took the fall price option, Wouldnt that be greed in your eyes.

Edited by jjjohnston32 7/23/2012 20:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)