AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

R134A phase out
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 7/22/2012 20:40 (#2500519 - in reply to #2499835)
Subject: Re: R134A phase out

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
gene_champ - 7/23/2012 12:38

jon, i got the 134 air working on that 92 k1500. could not get the plastic bits all flushed out of the condenser, and figured it would just plug the orifice tube again so replaced the condenser. top nut was seized on the condensor, so new line. got a new delco r4, as 4 seasons and cwi did not have good reviews for holding up. cost $600 in parts plus supplies. book said 2.8 lb of r12. i had 240psi high side pressure after 2 cans so i quit. good cold air.

i got 2 new mastercool (85510) can traps with the check valve. couldn't get anything through either of them, even with my 134 gauge set, so i bought a tap without a check valve to get system charged. any ideas on that? 

Glad you got it working. I don't know what to tell you about the can tapper check valves, except wondering, is there so much cheap junk for sale that the things are as likely to stick open or closed as work as intended ??

I did not realize you could still buy a can tapper valve without a check valve, as that is an important safety feature. Normally it only takes about 2-3 pounds pressure difference to push the check valve off it's seat, so I don't really understand why they did not work unless defective ??
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)