AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

salesmen
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MMiller
Posted 7/14/2012 13:48 (#2484723 - in reply to #2483332)
Subject: Re: salesmen

SW Iowa

todd67648 - 7/13/2012 17:00 So, lets look at this from another side. If a customer has an established relationship with a trustworthy and reputable dealer, what is the need to call 5 dealers for the same thing? I can think of a couple neighbors that I really do not looking forward in returning their missed phone calls, because they are less than desirable to deal with. Maybe I'm old fashioned or just lucky, but I try to establish most of my equipment business within 1 dealer. I feel their is value with shopping with 1 dealer, assuming they do a good job of taking care of you and give you fair deals. No different if you sideline Pioneer seed out of the barn, and you have that 1 guy that calls every Pioneer seed dealer within 75 miles to save $50.

So, how do you know if you are getting to make the salesmans yearly boat payment if you don't shop around?  I have been around many people that are die hard Green/Red/Yellow, whatever.  They price a tractor from thier favorite dealer.  I tell them to price a competitor.  The price at the competitor is usually less.  Then they go back to thier favorite dealer and say they are thinking of the competitor and low and behold their favorite dealer drops 10's of thousands off the price they quoted before.

If you don't comparison shop, how do you know if you are that guy?  I don't mind anyone making some money on my purchases, but I don't want anyone to make all thier money from me.

For the poster that says the salesman says "He will never buy from us so we don't price anything to him" is just making darn sure they never get the opprotunity to sell one to him.  FWIW, I've been on both sides, dealing with salesman, and helping salesman sell iron.  Street goes both ways.

Michael       

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)