AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wrp rant
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

77 Farmer
Posted 7/5/2012 14:47 (#2468126 - in reply to #2468060)
Subject: Re: Wrp rant

Southeastern, IL
YES

It bothers me too. The best ground me and my wife own has 10 acres of trees in the best dirt you can farm around this area. As you can guess they called it wetlands (wich in my opinoin it is not, but that dont matter). I found out the other day that getting land out of wetlands determination has alot of polatics in it. My dad had a tile company come in about 2 weeks ago and lay some tile for new dry damns. I was joking with the tile guy saying well at least he isnt getting stuck anywhere. He informed me he was stuck a few days ago doing a project for a person about 30 miles away. He said it had cattails and lilly pads growning in it. He told the landowner " i cant tile that it is a wetlands", the landowner said they checked it and it is not. He told me he went to the NRCS office and checked himself, it was not a wetland. I wonder what the landowner had to pay to get that determination.

If the public wants to compain about tax money going to farmers they need to complanin about all this CRP land.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)