AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

roanoke brush axe
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Heavyduty
Posted 7/4/2012 17:07 (#2466557 - in reply to #2464957)
Subject: RE: roanoke brush axe

I tried to call Roanoke for parts a few months ago but the phone # that I have for them is dead. If someone has a new #, email, how about posting it.

We have owned, through the years, about (5 ) G-195's and a couple of T-15's. They are built well and will last along time if you know how to run them. If you throw someone on a tractor with a boom mower without any training, you are sure to have something bent or toreup.

I get my blades for the G-195 at Agrisupply and for the T-15, it uses a straight blade that we get from Alamo. If anyone needs bearing #'s for the spindle, just ask. I don't mind helping out. We rebuild the spindles when they get a little noise in them but other than that, we have had very little trouble with the Roanoke mowers. Just keep everything greased and store the mower under a shelter. The sun is rough on the hyd hoses.

The Amadas LRM are built heavy/well but requires at least 140hp size tractor. It's a little heavy for some people's tractors. I've run the Roanoke G-195 behind 90-100 hp tractors with just singles with no problems BUT you need to be smooth with the controls. If you are just starting out using a boom mower, use duals, for your well being. You can pick up a used G-195 for 5-13k depending on age and cond. The Amadas are 29k new and I've seen a couple used ones go for 20k.

I have a couple pictures of a G-195 mounted on a JD 4455.

Edited by Heavyduty 7/4/2012 17:21

(1330.jpg)

(1344.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 1330.jpg (50KB - 476 downloads)
Attachments 1344.jpg (70KB - 486 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)