AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

raven 450 controller rate changing by itself
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/3/2012 06:44 (#2463560 - in reply to #2463460)
Subject: RE: raven 450 controller rate changing by itself

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Loadhog - 7/2/2012 23:37

My raven 450 controller on a brandt sprayer is having problems. i set the rate at 10.0 and then when i click the master switch on for the booms it drops to 9.0...it will continue to drop 1.0 everytime i click the boom switch on and off. any ideas??
TIA

I've worked on lots of 450's and run one myself but I've never run into your situation.

Here's a thought. The 450 has a +/- feature that can be set to increase/decrease the set rate by bumping the Inc/Dec switch up or down when the Rate switch is in Rate 1. This means that the operator can bump the automatic rate up or down to pretty much any value that they desire (within range of the system, tips etc.) while spraying in automatic

I'm wondering if some how this feature is being activated inappropriately. I would check the +/- bump feature and set it to zero if it is not that way now. Possibly the +/- bump feature is set to 1 and the Inc/Dec switch is sticking in the Decrease position thus bumping the rate down 1.0 gpa each time the boom is turned On.

If the Inc/Dec switch is sticky, flipping it back and forth several times might loosen it up. If this is the problem, replacing this switch is a minor repair.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)