AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2-Way Radio Interference With GPS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Gerald J.
Posted 6/28/2012 16:43 (#2454942 - in reply to #2454848)
Subject: Re: 2-Way Radio Interference With GPS

There were a couple who claimed they could filter the front ends well enough to stand light speed next door and thousands of engineers who know they couldn't because the loss in the filters the proposed would kill the already weak GPS signals and would take up more space than the whole receiver and computer these days. The arguments on the microwave reflector got very loud at times before the FCC retired Light Speed. Those that proposed filters didn't appear to actually test the concept in the field and some of those opposed to Light Speed did field tests with simulated light speed transmitters for the military and had first hand experience in the level of degradation. I won't name names, but you can search the archives, after joining the list at:
http://lists.valinet.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/microwave

Since I've watched other 4G sites damage NWS radar images by splattering from overdrive, I figured light speed would do it but wouldn't quit so that filters were ineffective because the light speed signal would be broader than their spectrum spilling over into the GPS spectrum.

Still antenna and cable separation and lower two way power should all help cut the interference to GPS.

Gerald J.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)