AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pioneer gets a new name
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Buck S
Posted 6/28/2012 13:48 (#2454665 - in reply to #2453160)
Subject: RE: Buck s

McLeod County, MN
pdh75 - 6/27/2012 17:36

wow, i sense some resentment. what's the deal?

In a year with ideal temps and ideal rain fall P can be pretty good. Give it a little stress and it falls apart. Where I farm here in MN they have really dropped the ball here the last couple years with anything that would drydown decent and still yield big. The last couple years there are several hybrids in this area that smoked anything P could put out there. 196-06 channel, 50-35 dekalb, 201-16 channel, 52-59 dekalb, 96-20 gold country, wensman, and many others.

I actually planted a couple bags of 9917AM1 on my very best ground with manure and 210# of N corn on corn. It has spared from the flooding cause of the grade of the land. It doesnt look near as good as the channel 196-06. P had some emergence issues. Split planter on 14 acres.

I have had 36v51 and 36v53 and they yield well, but they are WET! I like to plant 95-99 day and just dont really like anything they have. 9910 wont even come close to M traits on my land.

And lets not forget their beans suck. Nothing like loading the planter and starting off 5-7 bushels short of the RR2s.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)