AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

7th anniversary of my second death today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

kstate90
Posted 6/28/2012 10:19 (#2454404 - in reply to #2454379)
Subject: RE: 7th anniversary of my second death today

North Central Kansas
My friend that I farm with marked his one year anniversary of his heart attack earlier this month during wheat harvest. His wasn't as bad as yours as he got to the hospital and they put a stint in. I can remember the night it happened. He called me up and wanted to know if I could take him home. He had driven his tractor and air seeder over to plant some milo and didn't have a vehicle. He couldn't raise anyone on the phone. When I got to the tractor I knew something wasn't right for him to be wanting to go home. He told me his symptoms: Pain in his middle back pushing through to the front and tingling in his arms. I asked him if he was having a heart attack. Of course he said NO I just have a pinched nerve. I took him home and his wife met us there along with his sons girlfriend who is a nurse. She took his blood pressure and they took off for the local hospital and from there he got a ride to the next hospital in an ambulance and in a few hours he was in surgery. It was definitely an eye opener for him and I both.

After his incident I went to the doctor and found out I needed blood pressure meds and that my cholesterol was high. I went on a diet and have lost 50 pounds. I had my annual checkup in May, Cholesterol is super and blood pressure is good now.

Glad yours turned out like it did. You said second death? What was the first one? My friends heart attack was similar to yours a piece of plaque broke loose and lodged in a valve. He was a guy that to look at you wouldn't think would have had a problem. Even physically active people can have heart attacks. Start adding weight on and your chances go up.

Edited by kstate90 6/28/2012 10:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)