AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Air cooled Deutz running in 105* heat?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

UNL96
Posted 6/27/2012 19:37 (#2453275 - in reply to #2453170)
Subject: RE: Air cooled Deutz running in 105* heat?

Dad used to run a 913 on an irrigation well in the late 70's through the 90's. He made a cover for the front of the blower so he could get run it hotter and more efficiently. If memory serves me correctly the Murphy switch for the oil temp was set to shut down at 275 and he tried to keep it running at 250+ all the time. The only time the cover came off the blower is when the air temp was over 100 degrees and we were pumping water 3/4 of a mile to a travelling gun running 130 psi at the well. I remember helping dad many a night moving the traveling gun and when we would pull up to the well the exhaust manifold would be cherry red all the way to the turbo. Ran for many years like that without any problems. After unknown many hours and a couple overhauls it was just plain worn out. Would have loved to have replaced it with another Deutz but they just got too expensive relative to other available engines. In short I wouldn't lose a minute of sleep over running in hot weather with the Deutz.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)