AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Clethodim Contamination on Corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

HuskerFarms
Posted 6/25/2012 14:01 (#2448999)
Subject: Clethodim Contamination on Corn

I had some late corn that I switched back to spray 10 days ago and may not have had the sprayer completely cleaned out.

I was spraying Roundup and MSO and Callisto (2oz) and in the areas when I started that recieved 3x or 4x rates the corn is dead (less than 1% of the field). It had some white tissue coming out of the whorl early on but is now dead and the growing point is rotten. I realize that a 3x rate of Roundup and Callisto may cause that by its self. But seeing how the growing point was rotten in those areas I am wondering if I have some Clethodim contamination.

On the rest of the field where there was no overlap the plants do not show any leaf whitening or yellowing and the growing point does not show any signs of disinigration. The corn came up uneven so there are plants at V7 and at V4. Even the smaller V4 plants show no real signs of injury. Again, this field was sprayed 10 days ago and still seems to be growing.

If I have a contamination issue, when should I see this injury show up?? Will it kill the corn or drastically reduce yield? Its really got me worked up, any information would be great.

Thanks!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)