AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

County fair truck / tractor pull.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 6/24/2012 21:53 (#2447872 - in reply to #2447747)
Subject: Re: County fair truck / tractor pull.

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
Ed Winkle - 6/25/2012 20:10

Hagen, I did not realize you such a JD man and two stroke fan.

I will admit to you that Ole Rattler from New Lexington Ohio beat my 100 hp Oliver 88 one time. He had about the same power in his G but I could balance my tractor better. We pulled in the Ohio State Tractor Puller Association's 5,000 and 7000 lb classes for years.

Ed

Yes Ed, I am a 2 stroke Detriot lover. I ran many 53, 71 and 92 series Detriot 2 cycles (3-4-6-8 cylinder) in tractors , pickups and heavy trucks. I love the smoothness and that sound.
I am not that much of a JD guy, I grew up running mostly Oliver, Moline, IH, Steiger , Versatile. I do have a 4020 and 4450 JD which have been good tractors.
The Don I am talking about in my original post is not my brother Don, but Don Dufner of Buxton ND who is the 2 cylinder JD Lover, user and puller.

He(Don Dufner), has built many 2 cylinder farming and pulling tractors including a tripple D, a tripple 830 and several others. I believe the tripple D has an extra D engine mounted on the rear deck which drove the last tractor through the PTO, making it a 4 engine tractor . His hotrod pullers were 2 cylinder JD chassis with the first and little one being powered by a cross mounted 428 CJ Ford and now a 2 cylinder D chassis with a cross mounted Allison V12 aircraft engine on alcohol. Old Don Dufner is 72, but still enjoys those toys. :-)

Edited by Jon Hagen 6/25/2012 01:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)