AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

00rooster
Posted 6/23/2012 13:28 (#2445356 - in reply to #2445011)
Subject: The sky isn't falling, this is ALL about USDA's 166 yield

There are a lot of folks making a lot of noise this year about how bad their or someone's crop is. While I'm sure it looks pitiful, this usually happens somewhere every year. The differences this year? A disproportionate # of ILL and IN(and other dry areas) corn growers on this particular site who are posting the same thing several times a day(you didn't hear this much about KS, OK and TX last year except for a few posters), many are either trying to "talk up" the market so they are extremely pessimistic, or they want to stick USDA's 166 yield up their backside SO BAD they are almost hoping for a disaster to embarrass them, the dry areas who are worried that they won't raise a crop are envious of those who might, so they want others to burn up too(notice the venom that appears with rain reports). The only thing worse than not having a crop, is to the the only one to not have a crop. At least if everyone comes up short prices will rise, but they are staring at the possibility of low yields and depressed prices and that is a train wreck.

If corn was going to $7+ you wouldn't hear the caterwauling about the drought like you do when it falls. Droughts have a psychological effect of people, they get raw and worn down, and its exacerbated when prices go down. Its going to take a massive shift in weather patterns, but droughts that take weeks and months to build can end in a few hours time. For some its too late, for most there is still time. I think that a lot of folks should stop watching the radar and weather forecasts. Take the advice of my wife...Watching the radar all night on the computer won't make it rain. And if it slides around you(like it did me this morning) then you have to find peace with it somehow.

That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. Matthew 5:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)