AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Whats going to happen to the inverse?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Tara Farms
Posted 6/17/2012 11:58 (#2434331 - in reply to #2434284)
Subject: RE: Whats going to happen to the inverse?

Red River Valley
I would look for the Inverse to fall away -- but then I have thought that for at least a couple of years now so nothing new there--

Here are the reasons some of these are in the rumor phase some are reality

Corn can be Imported from Brazil cheaper than sourcing from here - rumors are some may have already

but to be sure if we can import it cheaper than source it those that buy are corn can and are buying Brazilian corn and rolling the purchases on the book of our corn to new crop

Talk is that Ethanol plants may have started selling bushels back onto the market ( at least one has for sure) those turning a buyer into a supplier never good for the Inverse but usually good for the plant that chooses that road.

Commercials claim that they have very high amounts of Farmer stored corn in house some may be stubborn enough to hold it into new crop will 75% ??

The None commercial ownership is still in July and they will have to get out at some point who is their buyer at a premium ??? the answer is nobody if and that's "IF" the farmer decides in any big way to sell his old crop corn

I think the guys that had to have coverage -- feeders -- got coverage for the most part and the rest of the end user's will go day to day so to speak and if tomorrow does not pencil out they flip the switch and do Maintenance

but that is just one side as is always the case some will come on here and tell the other side then you will have to decide which one has the most merit and how long you can gamble that the market will at some point move to your side

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)