AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New maps....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 6/16/2012 21:51 (#2433611 - in reply to #2433473)
Subject: RE: So, how much rain

North Central Illinois
Okay thanks. Haven't there been some good rains close to your area? As is usually the case with summer weather systems they make for the have's and the have nots. That 5 to 7 inches really put you behind the 8 ball with the weather since. A lot of it depends on your soil type and condition. We have some pretty decent soils that were in magnificent condition when we planted and never got beat down and packed by heavy rains. That has helped us a lot. The rain that we have got has soaked in nice and root developement has been normal. We had .70" May 4th and .60" on May 31st. I would be pretty happy if we had gotten .80" on June 10th. It is trying to rain here now. Have gotten almost .50". There is quite a bit of rain west of here on the radar so maybe we can squeeze out a little more. It appears that a large area of rain is moving or has moved thru Illinois tonight. Like other places I think conditions across Illinois are highly variable. The central part of the state has been very dry with rolling corn in places for a while. We just started to roll in a few places a day or two ago. I think some pretty dry areas got some really good rains. I am thinking this might have amounted to a little more than the trade was thinking when they went home Friday afternoon. Certainly no drought breaker but enough to keep some of us alive to fight another day and hopefully get another rain soon. Good luck to you. Hope you get some rain soon.

Edit: Ended up with 1.25" total for the system. Pretty general in my immediate are at least. Very thrilled.

Edited by Illinois Steve 6/17/2012 09:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)