AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

For all you JD Sprayer owners
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 6/14/2012 21:35 (#2430478 - in reply to #2430441)
Subject: RE: For all you JD Sprayer owners

Lol. I didn't even see the 121.7 deal. I'm reading and typing this stuff on my iPhone (which is no excuse, but I'll blame it and the fact that my other posts in this thread don't read well on that anyways).

If your booms are 121.7 and you're only taking 48 rows in, you've instantly got 1.4% overlap unless you physically re-configure your booms. Whether you trick your rate controller to think it's 120' or not means nothing other than you're indirectly tampering with your rate. You are overlapping in the real world.

Add in even one swath on your 40 acre square field where you have 1 foot of skip causing a 20' boom section to turn on for a full pass and you've got another half of a percent of overlap on that field. That takes your 4% down to 2% and 2% of 40 is 0.8 acres, less than the 1 acre he was off with the rogator.

If his boom is 121.7 and the rate controller knows it's 121.7 but his track spacing is set at 120', that's most of the discrepancy. If he has cheated and told the spray rate controller that the boom is 120' even though it's not, something else is going on for the acres, but he should change his controller back to 121.7 so that his sprayer is putting on the right rate.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)