AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wheat seed problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

kscropguy
Posted 6/3/2012 10:54 (#2411943 - in reply to #2411869)
Subject: Re: Wheat seed problem

Central Kansas
I know in Kansas all seed wheat fields must be inspected by Kansas Crop Improvement. They must be certified weed free if I remember right and certainly must have no rye. I would be surprised if you don't have some of the same restrictions. I have worked complaints like this before and whether you want to believe it or not many times somehow the rye migrated. If you have rye in the seed it should be somewhat evenly spread across the field and most definitely should be directly in the row. If you find any rye between the rows I would be hard pressed to give it much thought of it being in the seed.

I am not trying to start a fight here just sharing my criteria as a former agronomy and seed sales when working problems like this. One thing you could do is see if you have anything that gives you the lot number and variety and call whoever your state organization is and ask for a copy of the certification. If you really have a true seed problem make sure to document it well and make the seed processor stand behind it. I was hard to convince but if I felt I had been in error or one of the companies I represented was in error then I worked hard to figure out how to make it right.

Good Luck
Kevin
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)