AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NH3 burn on corn ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

wildman
Posted 6/2/2012 21:53 (#2411191)
Subject: NH3 burn on corn ?

NE KS
Put down 170lbs acual pounds of N, 6" to 7" deep on 30" centers into ground that was disked last fall. I then fieldculivated the ground at an angle and planted the next day(may 4th). This is a 120 acer bottom that is always wet so it doesnt get fertilizer until I know its going to corn. This is the way I've always done this farm (everything else is strip tilled in the fall) but this year I got nh3 burn. I got 20/100's 2days after planting then 40/100's May 31. The burnt corn comes and go's across the several fields(I figure about 15%) . the corn that is there is looking near perfect and the burnt corn is next to dead or never even germed. There is no rhym or reason where the burnt corn is in relation to the uneffected corn. My question is can I go and patch it back in without getting burnt again. The roots on the half alive corn are looking better and are starting to go down(from what I can tell). This is good ground but poorly drained in places, and has an average ph of 7.6. Thank you very much.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)