AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SEED FRAUD - check your seed tags
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Posted 6/2/2012 08:59 (#2410358 - in reply to #2409985)
Subject: RE: Doesn't surprise me not the first time for the ole switcha-roo

coup - 6/1/2012 21:53

Bought some Liberty Stine beans, few years ago to finish out a field of Liberty beans of another company that couldn't get enough of. Always looked a little funny when they were growing, Pretty clear when they got ripe , don't remember which was which now . Had about a perfect 60- 40 % mix of beans, one was a short gray bean other tall brown bean. Had Stine dealer come look at them, took some home with him. They decided it was two varities a 3.5 and 3.7 . Had bought the 3.7 variety, thought they should compensate me as paid a premium price of $42 , and was 10 bu less than the other Liberty beans that was in the field. Blew me off and didn't do diddly squat about the problem.

Father in law number of years ago had a Pioneer corn hybrid , that he had planted for several years. He would always carryover seed corn that he didn't plant till the next year. One year bought the same Pioneer hybrid, was different than what he had carried over from the year before, that Pioneer had sold him. Real obvious with out looking too hard, that the corns were not the same.

No defending P but do believe they have switched parents without changing the hybrid. Switched the male to female etc. Believe but don't quote 34A20 was one of those.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)