AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does anyone have anything good to say about Kinze 3800s these days?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jjjohnston32
Posted 5/27/2012 23:22 (#2401670 - in reply to #2400599)
Subject: Re: Does anyone have anything good to say about Kinze 3800s these days?

Mx270 No i dont have a hyrdraulic interlock. Mine looks like yours when its planting. When i unfold my transport tires are on the ground If they are not on the ground then my planter does not fold worth a ****. When i unfold i lower my planting tires all the way down. Then i raise my transport wheels till my back planting tires just touch with not much wieght on them. Then i lower my 3 point till the front tires touch the ground and my wings unlatch. Then i start to unfold then i raise my three point back up a bit till it looks level. Then i unfold all the way and raise my transport wheels then lower my three point. Doing it this way for two seasons and never came close to hitting my frame or my row units. I fold and unfold all the time during the day probably up to 6 times if not more a day. I would be very scared to road this planter without the dualed up super singles. It packs bad enough when folded up with my set up.. I always drive to the field entrance before i fold up.

One question for the other guy just up from this post how do you bend your tire frames on your outside wheels. YOU should have your tractor in nuetral and not park when folding and unfolding. I even drive forward slowly when folding up and reverse when unfolding to help it along. The old 7200 16 row taught me alot of these tricks.

I love this planter for the most part. If i was to buy anything other than a kinze 3800 it would be a DB60 but they are a hard to get. 1770nt seem to long for my liking.

Edited by jjjohnston32 5/27/2012 23:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)