AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does anyone have anything good to say about Kinze 3800s these days?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jjjohnston32
Posted 5/26/2012 22:20 (#2399821 - in reply to #2399624)
Subject: Re: Does anyone have anything good to say about Kinze 3800s these days?

Mx270 I have a 2010 3800 edgevac. How do you have problems unfolding and folding this machine. Do you have the super single tires. I have really uneven ground and have never had a problem unfolding or folding and rubbing the tires or the row units. The only problem i have is if one side is higher than the other side i have a hard time getting the latch to unlatch or latch. The problem there is the side without the latch is to low. The other thing is the hydraulic drive problem your having, are you absolutely positive it isnt the tractor hydraulics doing it. What Brand of tractor do you have on front of it. My 8430 deere i run the hydraulic drive in a scv. I tryed running it in the power beyond and could not get to run right. Put it in the scv and it doesnt skip a beat. Also the best thing i did this spring is buy the jump start switch from ag leader for the hydraulic drive. Makes starting from a stop so much better. No more eratic start ups. I think a lot of it is the Little jump start wheel on the tire. Also the jumpstart makes it alot faster to prime the meters. They also have new grease to grease the drive shafts with. Never had a problem with them getting sticky just make sure the shafts are well slicked up. Also with the hydraulic drive make sure you calibrate each drive. I think it is the pmv number you have to play with. Ag leaders intergra book tells you how to check them out. I think you put a manual speed in turn the rate to manual. turn one drive on hit the increase button once and then down three times the drive should be completely stopped when you do this. If it isnt decrease the pvm number for that drive. My numbers are not the same as the default when i get done calibrating mine. I think my Left side is lower and my right side is higher. The Left side gets oil first.

Is yours a asd or box. Mine is a box and im thinking of trading for a asd.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)