AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

does anyone get aerial photos form RC airplane how?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jack G
Posted 11/15/2007 21:10 (#238947 - in reply to #238896)
Subject: Re: does anyone get aerial photos form RC airplane how?

Central Texas , Bastrop county
I have flown quite a few RC airplanes, and may be able to answer some of your questions: How far away can you fly ? Since the most RC airplane frequencys are in the 72 hz range,it is strictly line of sight, if you can see the plane,you have control. I would say that half to three quarters of a mile is reasonable to expect. The problem, at least for me, is at that distance from the plane is how to determine where the plane is with relation to what you want to photograph.

Planes suitable for aerial photography probably should have a wingspan of about 8 feet, and if equipped with 5 or 6 inch main wheels should be able to take off from smooth sod or short grass. I have in the past had an airplane that fitted that description, and as a test, I loaded an extra 5 pounds of lead in the fuselage to see how much the takeoff roll was lengthened, and it only changed from about 15 feet to maybe 20 feet.The plane was very lightly constructed but fairly strong

The plane I was using was a "senior telemaster" that is available from www.hobby-lobby.com. There are now several sizes that are scaled up and down, so there are telemasters from about 40 inch wingspan to 12 feet

Jack
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)