AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

tell me the design of a great hay wagon bed!!!!!!!!!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JRthefarmer
Posted 5/9/2012 14:02 (#2376283 - in reply to #2375555)
Subject: Re: tell me the design of a great hay wagon bed!!!!!!!!!!!

SESD
Didn't read the others. Heres what we do. Couple "I" beams. Use a 6" channel welded to the front and back to space them. On the back, the channel helps attach the hitch which should have a piece of iron attached from the running gear hitch. Weld some angle iron every 5' or so across the bottom of the beams for support. For the "rack" on the back, use 6" channel iron and put them at whatever angle you want. We do small squares, so we put cross tubes that are spaced to match up with the layers of bales to keep them from falling off the back. Also, on 1 hay rack, we welded some 7"(whatever fits snug over 6") channel about to the beams at the angle the uprights should be. Make them short enough that they don't protrude above the bed. We then bolted the 6" upright rack into these so it could be slid out if needed. Havent removed it yet. For the bed, find some good bridge planks. Put 2 bolts through each plank on each beam(4/plank). Space them about 2-4" and make them 8.5' long. Then use some 1/4" iron bent in a "U" shape on the outside of the planks. This helps use all the planks for support when hauling rounds etc. Weld a short tab on the "U" where you want to bolt it to the planks. Put a bolt every 4-5' or so.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)