AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Feedwagons again. What to look for?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

ahay68979
Posted 5/6/2012 13:24 (#2371411)
Subject: Feedwagons again. What to look for?

Saronville NE
Have put our feed wagon back togther again this morning, 2nd time in last week, and 4th time in last 3 weeks. It is to the point of major rebuild or trade. Just dont know what to do, have a Oswalt 280, put one new auger and tube in a yr ago after bending it and think it has a extremely slight bow again from overfilling, another auger is getting flat spots in the flighting, and needs new unload chain and sprockets, and a whole new liner. Been calling around on feedwagons since it rained and Im not planting beans, what are your thoughts on 3050 Knight wagons or 3042 knights or stay with auger mixer and go to a 4042 Botec auger mixer. All dealers say same thing with high hay rations Id be better off with a bigger wagon and a reel mixer vs augers, if go that way know I need bigger, cause overfilling reel mixer will tear things up worse then overfilling the auger mixer, which is most of my promblem now, I dont have time for 6 loads a day when custom planting and haying, so make it in 3 loads and way overfilling the wagon. What are your thoughts? Is a guy better off to spend $7k-$8k to rebuild the wagon I got or update to rebuilt 3050 wagon and spend $15k-18k?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)