AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

hoops or not-wind damage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

garvo
Posted 5/5/2012 14:13 (#2369977 - in reply to #2369082)
Subject: Re: hoops or not-wind damage

western iowa,by Denison
so if Im thinkin right my new tin at $.70 a square is cheap-on my 46x160-i use 26 ft sheets or 8320x .70= $5824 and the 2x4's at $6 a piece spaced at24inchs is 176 sticksx $6= $1056-my roof cost $6880 not counting screws-
Its cheaper to have a steel roof-that being said,I guess when we built the barn 6 of us put the roof on in 1 day-and the supplys are at the lumber yard as the 26ft sheets they carry on hand and also the 2x4's
I hate to see anybodys building have problems,but starting to wonder how cheap those hoop buildings are when there higher priced to start with-and then at 12 years you have to retarp-now with all that said Murphy's law will kick in and you will probably fine Garvo's building scattered in my field and will have mangled tin and lumber all over with people telling me -I told you so,no worry though if it happens I will be the first to post pictures and tell you what happened!

Makin this post as long as possiable-I sometimes wonder when building these buildings that a person should not look for items,like common rafters,steel length,and common lumber lengths that you could quickly make a few A.M. phone calls and have supplys on hand to rebuild as quick as possiable-not really applicable with a hoop as not very many have a tarp on standby-but a simple call to my Local co-op would have supplys on the way-even on Sunday as Thats where I bought my supplys and have the yard guys and managers cell phone number on my cell phone.
Was going to put up a hoop to try one-have now changed my mind as I didn't know tarps were that high priced.That and I cant even get the darn tarp to stay on my earlage pile!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)