AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Surevac vacuum row shut-offs by ag leader. How well do they
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

NDCRN
Posted 4/30/2012 02:26 (#2361218 - in reply to #2359765)
Subject: RE: Surevac vacuum row shut-offs by ag leader. How well do they

Colfax, ND
We are on our second year with SureVac's operating a 24R20" 1790. Installation was fairly simple with a harness from Ag Express. It operates through a GS2 Rate Controller.

The shutoff time should be set as short as possible; the solenoids operate nearly instantly. Unlike a sprayer, where the shutoff time delay is caused by pressurized product exiting the wet boom, the shutoff delay with SureVac's on the planter translates to a fixed distance. Calculate this distance using your avg. spacing multiplied by the seed holes between the shutoff and drop point. Subtract this distance from your planter's length as the drives continue to turn and plant the remaining seeds left in the space before the drop point.

While operating the planter, at least with our setup, it is critical to time planter drop with the turn on point for the drives. Our planter uses a John Deere normally open push button planter down switch, and a variable voltage sensor for the bar height. Our planter uses Seedstar 1 Gen 2 (not to be confused with Seedstar 2) While entering a pass, the turn on point for the VRD's must be set to a fairly low frame level (I set mine under 10) as to limit the time delay between the drive turn on and the actual first seed drop. To the best of my knowledge, the planter must sense actual seed drop to establish drive operation. If there is no sensor input, the error message "drives failed to respond" trips and the drives stop. The maximum time interval is a few seconds, so after optimizing the sensor timing, it works great.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)