AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Could my planter wedge box be bad??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Matthew2158
Posted 4/29/2012 22:30 (#2360929 - in reply to #2318270)
Subject: Re: Could my planter wedge box be bad??

North Carolina
Beefmaker,
Turns out it was a bad seed tube sensor on Row 23. After some serious prayer (no joking) and some friends praying too, I tested the seed tube sensor voltage through the 2600 display and it was showing 1.45 volts (should be 8 volts). Started unhooking the individual row seed tube harnesses from the main frame harness. Started at row 1, it was 1.5v, then checked row 24, it too was 1.5v. Unplugged row 23 and checked main harness, it was 8v, which is correct operational voltage. Tested continuity on the #23 seed sensor and it was really low. Seems there was a rub on the little red wire and it had corroded. Changed out that sensor and everything worked properly. The frustrating thing, though, was two days before I ran the same voltage check on the display, and it was reading 8 volts with none of the sensors operational!! Lost about 2.5 days with this problem, and incurred a whole day with a Deere tech (visually) checking wires, but learned again that God will lead you to the problem and solution when you truly seek His help. So my advice is grab your voltmeter and start checking individual row harnesses. Hope this helps your problem!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)