AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

568, BR7090 specialty crop and or 605 super M
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

twraska
Posted 4/27/2012 22:56 (#2357019 - in reply to #2355921)
Subject: RE: 568, BR7090 specialty crop and or 605 super M

Wallis, TX
The 568 burnt up several slip clutches, the first one didn't have but one plate in it from the factory. When it slipped metal to metal it caught the baler on fire. Only after three or four sets of clutches in the old housing did JD put a whole new assemble on it.

The door bent at least 10 times, always caused by the monitor saying door closed (latched) when in fact it wasn't. One latch would be open and warp the door when you started to make a bale. This would happen about once every 200 bales, I once even caught it 'in the act' with one latch open and the monitor saying closed. I called the dealer out to prove to them what was going on and they still didn't believe it was a problem. Told me it was my tractor!

The net wrap would roll up on the rubber roller about once in three rolls of net, if not there it would wrap up on the very top belt roller. Broke the back roller and had the gate cylinders score on the inside. On that occasion the territory service manager told me that it was caused by hay getting into the cylinder and scoring the barrel, even though the rod seal was dry as a bone. He went on the tell me I needed to wash the baler every day!

Dealer service was poor at best, once I was told that others are harvesting I'd have to wait. I went ballistic and explained that baling hay was harvesting as well. Really all the dealer cared about was selling scraper tractors and scrapers into the Houston market, now with the building slow down he is wanting us ag customers but he done burnt the bridge with me.

There was more but my blood pressure is going up just thinking about all the grief that machine caused me!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)