AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Garvo re 1690 drill
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Art Swannack
Posted 4/27/2012 00:19 (#2355693)
Subject: Garvo re 1690 drill

Couple of thoughts. The "crazy wheels" on the front are causing some of your problems. I say this because I used to use a cultiweeder that had a carry hitch (no flex) and fixed wheels, it didn't drift too bad. the newer one with a floating hitch and pivoting front wheels definitely wants to slide downhill. Maybe you could limit their steering so they didn't turn downhill so much (or conversely put a hyd cylinder on them and steer them uphill a little-at least the two center ones). I've seen 750 drills changed so the front of drill was carried on tractor rather than drill wheels. This helped too. If running the cart in front, Horsch has a hillside axle setup which you hydraulically steer the big wheels on the cart to help it stay up on steep hills (North Pines Ag in Rosalia, WA has it). I believe this has been done on other brands also. The old cultivators had a "hillside hitch" which had a Hydraulic cylinder on one side and a pivot point so you could steer the implement uphill. Just a bit of steering helped alot. On the old Haybuster 1000 drills the neighbor who no tilled replaced the front rank of coulters used for fertilizing with solid coulters on wheel hubs that wouldn't swivel. This locked the drill on the hill real well, you just had to lift them when doing corners. The coulters were big smooth ones off of a Yielder/Pioneer drill (like 20-24"diameter). Maybe a few of those across the front of the drill would do the job.

Just some ideas.

Art

Edited by Art Swannack 4/27/2012 00:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)