AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rawson drive problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

btruck
Posted 4/26/2012 22:10 (#2355411)
Subject: Rawson drive problems

MN
I have a Rawson accurate with 2 par2 drives plumbed in parallel, and I have an issue that showed up this afternoon.

Initially one side of the planter would start a little different than the other when I set the machine down. Then one drive began acting like they do when you don't have enough hydraulic flow. I sent someone to get a new drive after calling 10 different places trying to find one. While he was gone I bolted the two halves of the planter together and ran that way for about 1.5 hours, until the other side started acting the same. He returned with the new drive and we installed it. Both sides are starting/stopping the drives and acting erratically. I can run on manual speed, but sometimes they won't take off right away.

I've gone through and inspected, wiggled all the wires and connections, and am running out of ideas. There aren't any real Rawson dealers in the area, we had to drive 60 miles to get parts, and I don't think they know any more than we do. Trimble support just hangs up after 15 minutes on hold, and I'm beginning to think my controller is bad.

Do you have any other suggestions? Anyone know of an accurate controller in West Central MN we could test with or purchase?

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)