AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New to me Kinze monitor problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Thud
Posted 4/25/2012 19:32 (#2353570 - in reply to #2353299)
Subject: Re: New to me Kinze monitor problem

Near-north Ontario, French River
I'm still betting the settings got scrambled or it was never programmed correctly in the first place. I'm thinking its recognizing a bad sensor but its sensor "9" on the monitor isn't matched with row 9 on the planter. Went through this last year on a new to me 3500. It was telling me rows 4 and 5 were bad. Put new sensors on, cuss and swore, swapped sensors AGAIN and swore some more. Finally gave up and called tech. He was as stumped as I was, he pulled a brand new harness from his truck and tried that as well. Boy you shoulda heard the language when it was still throwing 2 bad rows. Pulled out a used monitor head and STILL the same problem. Then the light bulb went off LOL>. We unplugged everything and redid the install, again 2 rows came up as bad but this time they were different row numbers. Swapped out sensors on those two rows and we were off to the races. No idea how things got scrambled as it was the first time in the field with the planter for me, and the tech was the guy that programmed everything at the dealer. Best we he could guess was a power surge or some sort when I installed everything in the tractor.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)