AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Since everyone is all fired up over autosteers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

johndeere76
Posted 4/14/2012 10:14 (#2335618 - in reply to #2335448)
Subject: RE: Since everyone is all fired up over autosteers

NE Nebraska
I would agree with the statements above. Did some annhydrous this spring on waas. On one field, started a tank on one side and went back to that side to empty the tank (about 1 1/2 hrs. later) and had to move my line about 5 feet. Started another field in the evening and went back the next day to my first pass and was only 3 +or- inches off about 14 hrs later. We are trying RTX this year for planting. Liked Omni XP last year but had 1 field that we started planting, rained for 2 weeks, went back to finish and the coverage map moved about 15 feet. Had to plant the rest of the field in manual section control because on one side it wanted to shut off 15 feet too soon and the opposite on the other side. Autosteer still worked just reset the line. Everyone seems to have different expectations of the technology. One guy loves it becasue he can watch the units instead of following markers and the next guy says he could do it better himself manually and not spend the money. IMO, if you don't know much about the system, make sure you buy from a place with good dealer support. Sometimes thats worth as much as the system.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)