AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JLG Boomlift Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Dennis SEND
Posted 4/14/2012 01:00 (#2335266)
Subject: JLG Boomlift Question

I have a 95' 60H JLG Boomlift that has the 4 cylinder Ford Gas motor last spring after I bought it, it quit running after some checking I discovered the timing belt had broke, after waiting over a month for several different guys that said they could come and look at it I finally found a local auto mechanic to fix it ran like a top, fast forward to last fall when I was cleaning up the dryer same thing quite again, hauled it to the same guy again and found out the idler puller bearing had gone out, pully fell off and broke timing belt again so he fixed it again unsing all new parts since I did not have access to a trailer to haul it right away a freind of mine (only lives 1/4 mile from repair shop) said he would run it over to his place and store it in an old cattle shed for the winter, his hired man drove it over to his place but said is had no power, it was cold out at the time so i just blaimed in on that as it was always cold blooded. I went over and moved it a couple days later and determined it was not just cold blooded and the timing must be off by one mark so I talked to him and we both agree but I said I don't need it tell spring so we agreed he would fix it this spring. Today he calls and says it's fixed but it was the carburator not the timing, I personally find this funny as it was running like a top last fall until the belt broke and then all of a sudden a week later it has no power and needs a carb tune up right after working on the timing?? Personally I think it was the timing but obviously if it was his mistake the repair would have been on the house since I already paid last fall to get it fixed but buy saying it was in the carb he gets to charge me again what do you guys think?? I don't know maybe it was the carb but just wondering from other mechanics would a little 4 cylinder Ford gas motor even run if the timing was off by one mark??

Edited by Dennis SEND 4/14/2012 01:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)