AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

sync up cows
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Oakwood
Posted 4/13/2012 08:28 (#2333845 - in reply to #2333717)
Subject: Re: sync up cows

Manitoba
we find it depends a lot on the total package of factors that impact the health of the cows. I have had times where I quit synching (ovsynch, gnrh day zero, prostaglandin day 7, gnrh day 9, inseminate day 10, shots day 9 and insemination time sensitive) completely because it was going so poorly. Currently it is going amazingly, actually had a 100 % pregnant vet day couple months ago. (that has only happened once before for me) but this year 50 -60 % has been normal lately, not sure exactly why but it's being going great. Nutrition is huge, status of the animal you put on the program (we enroll based on what vet sees based on ultrasound)

Timing for the injections is critical for the day 9 and the insemination. Don't have the prices of the gnrh and prostaglandin on hand. For us it has had a great impact on repro performance. Without access to ultrasound I'd suggest 2 injections of prostaglandin 14 days apart prior to starting the program 14 days later. that should get all cows to the right part of their cycle for the ovsynch protocol if they are normal and eliminate the need for the ultrasound.

going out this morning to breed a bunch coming off this program.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)