AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Abilene or Worthington parts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jdspray
Posted 4/10/2012 07:08 (#2329032 - in reply to #2328075)
Subject: RE: Abilene or Worthington parts

WI

I bought a reman for my 3010 last winter from Abilene Machine.  We had the 'ol girl in the shop over winter just fixing a couple of leaks and minor stuff.  The input shaft had always dripped some, and it was getting worse- turns out there was quite a bit of play all the way around.  We thought the same thing about the price to just put a re-man in.  I will never think that again.  My 3010 probably gets 75 hours a year on it- we have had the pump out three more times since that time.  First time the seal went out- we installed the new one- thought maybe  it was just a bad seal.  Second time- oil gushing out the front end- again from the input shaft.  Checked the seal again- seemed OK- called Abilene they reccomended that I upgrade pumps to a 4020 style.  I thought- well hasn't it worked for 30+ years with this style.  Either way they said  probably put the seal in wrong and to put another in.  I didn't- we put another in- two weeks later using it...same problem.  So we pulled it out the other day- I was so angry that we took the whole pump apart on the bench- come to find out the housing from the reman pump is junk- where the pistons slide in and out one of the bores is very badly worn-piston was catching.  I was 1 month out of there warranty and they had zero time for me- which I am not necessarily angry about- when I did call them the first time it was in warranty- should have made them get me a different pump.  Just my .02.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)