AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pulling Semi grain trailer with tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JoshA
Posted 11/5/2007 19:17 (#232662 - in reply to #232566)
Subject: RE:Why so many axles?

Alberta, Canada
Greg, those are not our bales, nor our trailers. The b-train behind the JD7820 is Slomp Dairies, just outside of Barrhead, Alberta. They're just over an hour away from me to the North West, and are the closest big squares in my area that I know(3x4x8's out of CNH balers).

The red Freightliner Argosy is the other big square producer in our area, about 1/2 hour to the South East of us. He's the one running the two 4910s behind CaseIH 4wds(now replaced by 7444s behind JD9330s). His are the 4x4x8 bales, and I think he does have more bales on there than you counted. I tried counting but kept getting different totals each time I tried! LOL

As for so many tires, I believe it's moderately true what Thud said, that's just how many wheels were on it when he purchased it --- it's a relatively common configuration.

Personally, we use the 53' tandem axle highboy, and a 53' tridem axle drop deck. I'm sure we've loaded some "over weight" loads on both.
In getting another trailer, it would definitely be a tridem, or more likely, a super b, with tridem lead and tandem pup. May not be overweight on the road, but in soft field conditions...

I've now attached some pictures of OUR bales on our trailers.

(IMG_1248 (Large).JPG)

(IMG_1257 (Large).JPG)

(IMG_1258 (Large).JPG)

(IMG_1270 (Large).JPG)

(IMG_1275 (Large).JPG)

(IMG_1282 (Large).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_1248 (Large).JPG (96KB - 645 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1257 (Large).JPG (76KB - 630 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1258 (Large).JPG (71KB - 628 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1270 (Large).JPG (92KB - 632 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1275 (Large).JPG (72KB - 608 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1282 (Large).JPG (59KB - 613 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)