AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Be-Ge scraper 13 yard
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Avg. Joe
Posted 4/7/2012 23:39 (#2326027 - in reply to #2324684)
Subject: Re: Be-Ge scraper 13 yard

Elmwood, Ne. Just East of Lincoln
I bought a Be Ge scraper about 4 years ago. I was told it was a 8 1/2 yard. It works just fine and will move a lot of dirt in a short time. Don't have any problems with the roll off. We really like it when it's running. Something to keep in mind though is the older hydraulic cylinders and hoses it has. We ran it on a Deere 4955 for a couple of years and had no problems. When we upgraded to a 8420 the first time hit the button to raise it, the gate cylinders flew to pieces. Blew the end of it 40 feet. Also blew a couple of the one inch hoses right away. Found out the newer tractor pressure was more than it could stand. We put pressure regulators in the line to keep it down to around 1200 psi. We were lucky enough to find a machine shop that could make the end of the cylinder and had them both repacked. That worked for a year with no problem. Hooked on it yesterday and blew a hose again. When I got it fixed then the cylinder was leaking. Gave up and parked it! Don't even know where I could find parts due to it's age. Next winter it's going in the shop and getting new cylinders. It's probobly going to take a torch and welder to make newer ones work, but it's junk the way it is.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)