AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

new disk
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bogboy
Posted 4/7/2012 20:05 (#2325618 - in reply to #2324691)
Subject: Re: new disk

Sunflower's have great bearings. We have a 96 or 97 6631-30' soil finisher and a 08 or 09 1435-26' disk with 24" blades all original bearings they both do 1500-2000 acres/year. The bearings are a self aligning with a triple sealed that are designed to let grease out. We grease daily with CIH "premium" grease (which is tacky like wheel breaking grease) till we hear the "pop" sound of the grease pressure forcing by the seal. If we run a couple days without greasing we can get ~twice the pumps into her before they "pop". I'd say 15 years and ~25,000 acres is pretty good for our soil finisher bearings. I'd highly recommend the 1435 disk as we've had ours 3-4 years (I have a good memory its just short) with 0 break downs, other than the disks being partially wore down it still looks new. Also chops residue nicely and dies a very level job (run at 5.5 mph) haven't looked really close at a case but I'm thinking it's not built as heavy as the sunflower. New Landoll would also be a good disk as it's designed by the same people who worked for Sunflower before AGCO bought them. I'd say Landoll or Sunflower depending on price and dealer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)