AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pulling Semi grain trailer with tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JoshA
Posted 11/5/2007 14:05 (#232561 - in reply to #232456)
Subject: I'll tell you one really big pro....

Alberta, Canada
I'll tell you one really big pro(compared to having a dolly in front of the second trailer). One less pivot point. Backing up a set of trailers with dolly's make me shudder. With the "B-Train" (tandem axle lead trailer) and the "Super-B" (tridem axle lead trailer) I've seen an experienced driver back a super-b through a figure 8.

They're really not that uncommon around here, though I don't actually know any regulatory reasons for/against them. The only time you see a dolly around Alberta is for secondary gravel trailers, either behind a lead or behind a truck w/ box, or with big grocery(store) chains, they often will use a day-cab with 2-3 refers with dolly's. Those things scare me. Then some people also use dolly's(aka 5th wheel converters) for pulling behind farm tractors.

One downside to them is that you can get more axles on the ground with a properly equipped trailer with dolly(essentially make a jeep out of the dolly). Then again, usually if weight is a problem, you wouldn't be hauling with a super-b type trailer in the first place.

I've attached a couple pictures of super-b's that I took this fall.
-Josh

(IMG_0644 (Medium).JPG)

(IMG_0850-Editted.JPG)

(IMG_1766 (Large).JPG)

(IMG_1772 (Large).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0644 (Medium).JPG (109KB - 638 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0850-Editted.JPG (60KB - 674 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1766 (Large).JPG (112KB - 652 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1772 (Large).JPG (77KB - 648 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)